Friday, December 12, 2008

for his a jolly good fellow!

We went to my dad's house last night to celebrate his 75th birthday, and have been thinking a lot about him this morning.
So I just thought I would write some of my thoughts down.
My Dad is an amazing husband and father. He is the true meaning of unconditional love that I have ever witnessed. He is so loving to all those who he comes in contact with every day.
He honors his priesthood and is an example to my husband who is really new to all of that, and I watch him guide George with out saying a word sometimes.
He fills a room just by walking into it, with his sunshine smile and laughter.
He has been there for me and all my family thought thick and thin, and never says anything negative, he just helps you though whatever it may be till you feel good about yourself again and can move on and then gives you all the credit.
His is a man of his word, I have never seen a guy walk out of a store without paying for something because they forgot their wallet except for my dad.
I am honored to be his daughter, I just keep hoping that some day he will rub off on me.
I was so glad to be there for him last night, and each day that we spend with both him and my mom is so spacial to me, I love living so close to them and getting to spend as much time with them as I do, and my children love being so close to them as well, if we don't go see them at least once a week grandpa is calling to make sure everyone is okay and doing good and I feel loved that he cares so much.
So on this day I would just like to pay turibute to the man of the hour and tell him again,
Happy Birthday Dad.

2 comments:

Randi said...

That was a BEAUTIFUL tribute Lori!

I think Grandpa is the coolest too! I am looking forward to seeing him and Grandma for Mom and Dad's marathon.

I too feel extremly blessed to come from such an amazing family.

Grandpa IS a Jolly Good Fellow...and a little nuts.
(HEHEHE)

LOVE YA GRANDPA!!

Erin said...

I second Randi's statement. That was beautiful. We are so lucky to have a grandpa like him. Love you guys! Thanks for reminding us how lucky we are, Lori! :)